The Community Concert Hall at Fort Lewis College is happy to announce the return of live and in-person concerts in downtown Durango’s Buckley Park. Community Concert Hall and Alpine Bank have teamed up once again to present the free “Concerts @ The Park” series beginning August 5 through September 16.
“We are excited to return to Buckley with a great line up of artists,” said Charles Leslie, Concert Hall director. “Beth from Alpine Bank and I enjoy the process as we search for ‘just the right’ musical guests to bring to our community. I would recommend that folks get your dancing shoes on and be ready to have a party in the park Thursday evenings with us at Buckley.”
The Concert Hall @ The Park schedule is set for Thursdays, 5:30 pm:
- August 5 – The Noms – Albuquerque - Fun-loving, foot-thumping rock blends blues, country, and soul with a dash of bluegrass and funk creates their unmistakable sound.
- August 12 – The Sticky – Santa Fe - Dance-till-you-drop driving, solid and soaring funk that "covers all the bases any music fan could want from incredibly tight instrumentation, gorgeous vocal melodies, outstanding musicianship and, almost most importantly, great fun." - Santa Fe Reporter
- August 19 – Austin English – Texas - Fast-rising Country Music artist from humble beginnings playing bars across Texas, with a following as large as his size and voice.
- August 26 – Side Pony featuring Alice Wallace and Caitlyn Cannon - Americana with an Alt-Country vibe, two artists make a triumphal return to Durango after a too-long absence.
- September 9 – Civic Winds Jazz Orchestra with very special guest vocalist, John Rubano - Community musicians to host a performance of great jazz standards with guest vocalist, John Rubano.
- September 16 – Nosotros – Albuquerque/Santa Fe - One of the most recognizable Latin bands in the Southwest United States. Featured on NPR’s Alt Latino, two-time winners of the prestigious John Lennon Songwriting Competition.
Picnics, blankets, and lawn chairs are encouraged with Fired Up Pizzeria offering a selection of food and beverages throughout the evening. We continue to encourage safe pandemic prevention practices by all Concert Hall @ the Park attendees.